Sunday 14 March 2010

Garters!

Touching on my last blog and the curiosities to be found in pockets and bags of avid Art Deco collectors, here we have some original, divinely cute and whimsical garters.

I was rather excited to see these and hold them in my hands, especially as a friend in the UK had sent me a newspaper cutting of similar garters that were being exhibited in London last year as part of a 1920s-30s lingerie display.

Their owner Inger, a "Sydney Flapper,"
does not wear them (the elasticity has gone!!!) but has found a supplier of some very pretty and practical replicas.

I have seen pictures of garters with a face opening like a watch front to reveal rouge to be used on the face and knees. So ingenious! Gets me wondering what would the modern gal want in her garter?????

Following is a link for replica garters-
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30921800&ref=sr_gallery_6&&ga_search_query=flapper&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags

No comments:

Post a Comment